Sense College Loughborough is a small specialist college based in the heart of the East Midlands, offering daytime services to young people with a wide range of disabilities.
Through our in-house enterprise curriculum and our partnership with Loughborough College, we support our students to achieve their targets and goals using individual learning plans. Students have a wide range of disabilities including learning difficulties, autism, Asperger's Syndrome, sight loss, communication problems, physical disabilities, chronic illness and hearing loss.
The main aim of the College is to prepare people for as fulfilling an adult life as possible by maximising independence. For each of our students, the idea of independence may look different, and could include;
- Progression into paid employment or voluntary work.
- Active involvement in community activities.
- Continued education in a mainstream setting.
- Moving into supported living.
- Ability to do more independently in a family home.