Supported Internship Programme
Supported Internships are a great way for disabled people to build their experience and move into employment. They are a term time study programme but most learning takes place in the work place and not in College, so interns are learning on the job. Interns have a study programme with literacy, numeracy and communication and will come into College to develop these key subject areas. The interns may also work towards work skills qualifications.
This year we've had four interns complete the programme. Two interns are hoping to move into work soon.
Work experience over an academic year in a real setting:
- Gained work skills
- Increased social and independence skills
- Confidence improves
- Experience in the workplace
- C.V. to help them achieve their goal of paid employment
- This programme enables students with learning needs to demonstrate their abilities better than the traditional job selection process
- Builds working relationships in a real setting
- Work Skills and Customer Service qualification
You will need an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) to undertake a Supported Internship as it is funded as a Further Education programme.
If you are interested in the Internship Programme please contact the College on 01509 611077 and arrange a visit.