The Bridge programme is designed for young people who have finished their education and want to focus on progressing into independent or supported living.
Young person grocery shopping
Young people live in our accommodation and access College facilities and activities. With support to plan their time from a key worker, young people can:
- plan their daily routines, for example shopping, laundry and cleaning
- plan and manage their free time
- plan and manage weekly menus
- develop and practice mobility and community travel skills
- access the local community
- develop employment skills through work placements
This programme can be funded directly through social services or a personalised budget, and offers a stepping stone between home, a residential school or college and supported/independent living.
During the programme young people work with their key worker and other professionals to identify appropriate future accommodation and to plan a smooth transition at the end of the programme.