Supported Internship Programme
Supported Internships are a great way for people with disabilities to build their experience and move into employment. They are a term-time study programme but most learning takes place in the work place and not in College, so interns are learning on the job. Interns have a study programme with literacy, numeracy and communication and will come into College to develop these key subject areas. The interns may also work towards work skills qualifications.
Students that have participated in the Supported Internship programme so far have;
- Developed work skills
- Increased social and independence skills
- Improved their confidence
- Gained experience in the workplace
- Created a CV to help them achieve their goal of paid employment
- Built working relationships in a real setting
- Worked towards qualifications in Work Skills and Customer Service
This programme enables students with learning needs to demonstrate their abilities better than the traditional job selection process
You will need an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) to undertake a Supported Internship as it is funded as a Further Education programme.
If you are interested in the Supported Internship Programme please contact the College on 01509 611077 and arrange a visit.